[Amps] PT2500A

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] PT2500A
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:14:44 -0700 (PDT)
Gentlemen:

  Thanks for the prompt replies.  This is indeed the A model by B&W , and I
knew that the tubes were good going in because they came from my parts bin.

  I agree that the issue with 10, 15, and 20 would seem to be input/output
circuit related since it appears that 20m drive power is not reaching the tubes
(no change in plate current) when drive is applied.

  10 and 15 though will draw all kinds of plate current, so drive is getting to
the tubes, just can't seem to get out. We know the antenna relay works ok (for
TX anyway), since it works for the lower bands.

  The plate meter issue does seem to be mechanical.The needle sweeps across,
then jolts to a stop. The meter lights are not visible like the SB-220/221. I
hate to think I would have to remove and disassemble the meters just for bulbs.

  I would rate the whole amp as a  6-7 in appearance as some of the case screws
are not oem, and there are small paint scratches and a few other cosmetic
issues.

  I do not know the past owner. I purchased it as a fixer upper from fellow ham
who did not want to take on the project.

                                                         Don   n8ech