[Amps] Soft 572b's

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Soft 572b's
From: Kent Landis <kelandis@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:00:58 -0500
Hello All

I have a Dentron Clipperton L with the original ( and very soft)
572b's in it. I have found that the filament voltage at the tube
sockets is 7.49 volts!! I have remedied that problem as well as
removing the CB mods and restoring all to original. With the tubes in
it the amp will now make about 300-350 watts on all bands and the
power supply is in fine shape.

My question is that the amp tunes up fine on all frequencies
( including WARC) up to about 26 MHZ but will not amplify 10 meter
frequencies at all. The amp does have the 10 meter mod and I have
changed the coil tap back to the 10 meter position. Is it possible
that the soft tubes might be the culprit? I see tha 572b's are only
rated to 30 mhz so 10 meters is right near max frequency/
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I just wanted to get this
resolved before re-tubing.
Tnx es 73
Kent
N8ZRD