Re: [Amps] Amplifier with Remote Capability

To: <JMLTINC@aol.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier with Remote Capability
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:02:32 -0500

> The presets are indeed, easy to use; once set up, and a dream to use. Pity
> there aren't 50 of them!

I would think the DC motors and relays could be replaced with stepper motors
and the 741s could still be used as comparitors from the pots in a bridge.
It should give the ability to adjust the speed for optimum and make the
tuning much more like "you are there".  Although large, the old selsen (sp?)
motors we used to purchase surplus for about 50 cents each out of 55 gallon
drums full of the things would have done a very good job. They even worked
for TV antenna rotators and were more reliable than the regular rotators of
that day. <:-))

There certainly must be a better and easier way to do the tuning than the
original set up.

Roger (K8RI)