Re: [Amps] #10 Teflon Needed

To: "schuetzen" <chasm@texas.net>, "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] #10 Teflon Needed
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:14:36 -0500
Im sure that #12 will do whatever you are trying to do, that size is readily
available as mentioned by others.

However at that DC level even short lengths of #14 are overkill. If you plan
to use the wire to go to a remote xfmr I wouldnt use Teflon as it has a bad
habit to cold flow when bent. There are plenty of 10-20KV wires that would
be a better choice.

The 3-500 is generally OK to 3.5KV altho some Chinese and older Eimacs will
arc. Its best to hi-pot anything at that voltage level.

Carl
KM1H