Re: [Amps] Transceiver Output Impedance

To: "'Robert Carroll'" <w2wg@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transceiver Output Impedance
From: "Saandy Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:01:03 +0200
.....this is definitely not so!
The load impedance of the final transistors is defined by Ohm's law so that
for a defined high power the load they expect to see can be a few ohms only.
Here is where the output transformer comes into play: it transforms the low
LOAD impedance the transistors expect to see to 50 Ohms at the amplifier's
output.
Think of the fact that immediately after the amplifier you have filters
designed for 50 Ohms.
You cannot expect good results from them if the do not operate in a 50 Ohms
environment!
Soooo, this thesis cannot be correct, simply because of physical reasons.
73 and all the best:
Alex    4Z5KS