Re: [Amps] 3-500Z glitch resistor

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z glitch resistor
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:03:35 -0400
For decades Ive been replacing RFC-2 with a 15-25 Ohm 20-25W real enamel
wirewound. Works great and there are no voltage problems; they take arc
surges very well. Do not use a cement resistor.

The last thing Id use would be one of those metal encased resistors. One
good zap and youve got shrapnel plus a blown PS. Dust accumulation wont
help either.

Carl
KM1H