[Amps] Quieting SB-1000 fan

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Quieting SB-1000 fan
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:06:17 -0700
I was lucky enough to pick up a very nice SB-1000 recently -- actually
it was purchased by a friend at an estate sale in unfinished condition,
so it was unused! It also had the corona washer and a newer type of RF
choke which is not resonant at 18 mHz, so it's probably relatively late
production.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully reduced the noise from the huge
fan, which roars. I was thinking about isolating it from the chassis,
perhaps.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco