Re: [Amps] Non Detergent motor oil for dummy loads?????

To: Lloyd Korb <k8dio@windstream.net>, amps@contesting.com, Charles Bibb <zedkay@telepak.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Non Detergent motor oil for dummy loads?????
From: DAVE WHITE <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 20:02:20 +0000 (GMT)
ATF!  Now there's an idea.  I'd often wondered what was best for this job.  I
think the main parameter is that it's not synthetic.

I have to use non-synthetic oil for a couple of classic cars that have paper
gaskets and synth or semi synth would pour straight through them.

So how about finding a classic car parts and service shop?  Maybe they could
help?  What do old Harleys use?

Also, how about EP80 gear oil?  I think that's "old spec".  Modern EP90 is
different, and I can't use that in the 1958 Land Rover because it apparently
attacks the bronze bearings.  Maybe that's fully mineral oil?

cheers

Dave G0OIL