[Amps] RF ?

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF ?
From: Francis Sanita <fsanita@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:08:21 -0500
I have a question I would like to put out for discussion.

After using my SB 200 I notice that my Genie garage door opener will
not work. The opener has a control board that searches for new
frequency codes as a security feature. The control board apparently
shuts down and I must unplug the opener and re plug to reset it.

I have not eliminated this issue to any particular band and no other
equipment in my shack affects the garage door opener ( not even my
30L-1). The door issue does not occur when the amp is not used and can
run smoothly until the amp is put into use again so I feel the amp is
the cause.

Before I start tearing things apart - has anyone experienced similar
issues or have suggestions as to how to proceed.

Thank you.

Frank Sanita AA4FS
Palm Coast, Fl 32164
fsanita@cfl.rr.com