Re: [Amps] PCB - Pole Pegs

To: "Ryan Foster" <foster.ryan@gmail.com>, "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PCB - Pole Pegs
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:37:18 -0500
From: "Ryan Foster" <foster.ryan@gmail.com>
To: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>; <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:53 AM

> There was/is actual evidence-- real solid evidence, (not saccharin
> causing cancer evidence, real evidence---) that PCB's will cause
> cancer, and more so cause birth defects and developmental problems in
> children.

There is no argument there BUT you fail to accept that there are as many
different PCB formulations as there are trade names. There is a huge
variance in toxity also between them.

I dont believe any sane person would want to be near an Agent Orange
area.

> Here is the deal-- they are not going to jump up out of oil and
> "gettcha" or anything.  You have to be exposed to them over a long
> time or be drinking them in the water.  If you don't keep your hand
> dipped in the oil for a few days getting the transformer out, your
> fine.  As long as you don't dump the oil on the ground, or get it in
> the drinking water, your fine.  As long as you don't burn it and get
> the residue or smoke onto anything your fine.
>
> It is just a matter of disposing of it properly, and you are set.
> Most places that take used motor oil will probably take a few gallons
> of transformer oil, since they have to treat all used oil as a hasmat
> situation anyways.

WRONG!

Motor oil is recycled and there are drop off places in most communities.
It and other automotive fluids are also EPA approved for burning in
furnaces designed for them.

At least TRY to get your facts close to correct.

Using your definition of reality then every power company staging and
storage yard would be a deadly Superfund site. Sorry but thats just more
mythology.

Carl
KM1H