Re: [Amps] 3CX800 filament voltage

To: "Colin Lamb" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800 filament voltage
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:15:31 -0000
Stacking transformer in an Alpha amp???? That's really tacky.  You can have
one custom wound for less than $30.  My guy down here in FL is W4LNI. For
anyone interested, his name is Jim and his phone number is 813-876-5531.  He
does great work and if you tell him about your space constraints, chances
are good that he can accommodate you.  He has built filament transformers
and multi-winding transformers for a Tetrode control board that I am using
in a homebrew amp.  He also will put in multiple primary taps to help get
exactly the secondary voltage you need.

Bob W6TR