Re: [Amps] 3CX800 filament voltage

To: "Colin Lamb" <k7fm@teleport.com>, "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800 filament voltage
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:32:13 -0500
Colin youre as nutty as I am!

Many moons ago I had a 55 T Bird with a 389 Pontiac and tripower
shoehorned in. The hood had a cutout for the carbs to clear.

One nice summer Sunday I was tooling around about 25 miles from home
when the carb linkage broke.

Rummaging around in the glove box and trunk came up empty. Out comes the
pocket knife and I lop off a length of wire for the tailights. Tied that
to the center carb and ran the wire over the windshield top (It was in
roadster mode). The only discomfort was that I had to use my right hand
to play throttleman as well as shift the Muncie 4 speed.

Got some real weird looks including some cops that drove by and
continued on their way.

Stalled a few times due to the fairly radical cam and got home OK.

Carl
KM1H