Re: [Amps] Autotuners in Amps

To: <kc0hfl@cox.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Autotuners in Amps
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:57:13 -0800
I tried this in my pair of 3CX800 amplifier. Didn't like it. SWR would not
go low enough. I was using a 1ft cable between the output of the tuner and
the cathode. If you notice Jerry W8ZR has the tuner mounted next to the tube
cathode. Due to a space issue, I could not fit it that close.

I ripped it out and installed a WD7S tuned input board. Easier and better.

73
Jim W7RY