Re: [Amps] Autotuners in Amps

To: <kc0hfl@cox.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Autotuners in Amps
From: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:46:13 -0800
I have used the LDG board in my 3CPX5000A7/YC-156A amplifier since 2006 with
excellent results:www.k7rdx.w4zt.com. The tuner is an L network so adding c
at the cathode is a good idea for better harmonic rejection..Tune-up is
easy, just apply a few watts rf drive for a few seconds to initialize the
microprocessor and the tuner matches the exciter to cathode with very low
SWR.I recommend mounting the auto tune board in an rf proof compartment with
the interconnect no more than six or seven inches from the tube cathode. I`m
sure LDG didn`t sell enough units to make keeping them on the market a
profitable venture..Jim..K7RDX..