Re: [Amps] Dual tetrode in grounded grid

To: Amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dual tetrode in grounded grid
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:38:06 -0800 (PST)
The only problem with using RG58/U is that you are going to have a pretty large
coil.  Also, resistors are definitely a lot cheaper even though I buy RG58/U in
500 foot spools for making the interconnect cable kits for various radios that
I sell.

One "trick" that works when using tube type equipment is to put a 50 ohm load
to ground on the input and then "tapping" this with a fairly small value
capacitor.  Hallicrafters did this with the HA-2 and HA-6 to allow the use of
100 watt exciters and I did this on the input of the transmitting converter to
drop the 8 watts from the exciter to about 2 watts that is required by the
mixer.  Cheap and dirty, but it does work!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com