[Amps] An Extra Thank You!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] An Extra Thank You!
From: "KB0NLY" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:39:35 -0600
Just wanted to post an extra Thank You to the reflector for all those that have
been patient with me and helping.  My 6M amp project has been completed!  It
was powered up and brought to life today finally after much careful planning
and building.

Initial tests prove it's working rather well!

Input 20w
Output 450w
Plate 375mA
Grid 80mA

I was told to keep the GI7B at or below 400mA on the Plate and 150mA on the
Grid, i can do that easily.  It will make a bit more power but it's maxing out
my wattmeter now!

I do have one final question for everyone here.  Knowing these numbers, input,
output, plate and grid, how does one calculate the amp's gain and or
efficiency?  I was trying to make sense of the info in the handbook but it was
slightly over my head with all their calculations.  I'm looking for an Elmer
answer on this one!

Thanks and 73!

Scott KBØNLY

PS:  I will finish updating my website this afternoon with pictures of the
completed amp.

www.kb0nly.net