Re: [Amps] An Extra Thank You!

To: "'KB0NLY'" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] An Extra Thank You!
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:17:54 -0500
Good to see it working Scott!

If you remember these two numbers you can get in the ball park on db gain or
loss easily:
2x  the power =  3 db.
10x the power = 10 db.

You have 20 watts in so 10 times that (10 db) = 200 watts. 2 times 200 watts
(3 db) = 400 watts for 13 db total. You have a little more than 400 watts
out so you have a little over 13 db of gain.

To get it exact do the math like Jeff showed.

73
Gary K4FMX