[Amps] Help needed with: driving TITAN 425s with K3's

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help needed with: driving TITAN 425s with K3's
From: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:21:25 -0400
Hi, all concerned:

I'm about ready to retire the old FT-1000D's in favor of Elecraft K3/100's,
after having done enough (for me) A-B testing.  Do give me a shout direct if
you'd like to ask about that.

The last issue is driving the TITAN 425s (pair of 3CX800's):  amp input VSWR,
which the yazoomer ignored, is high enough that the K3s reduce their output
power, to the point where I can't get the usual gallon-and-a-half out of the
amps, while still drawing "too much" collector (drain?) current.  40M is
particularly bad.

It doesn't look like the TITANs have adjustments on their tuned inputs.  Seems
nothing is ever so simple as the Drake/Heath/etc amps.

Before I start swinging the headache ball at the amp structure, anyone have any
simple fixes out there, please?

Tia, 73/DX
Dave, W8FGX