Re: [Amps] Help needed with: driving TITAN 425s with K3's

To: "Amplifier Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help needed with: driving TITAN 425s with K3's
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:11:10 -0700
>From: "RICHARD SOLOMON" <w1ksz@q.com>

>You should not need a tuner between the rig and the Amp. Something else
>has gone kaflooey !!

Strongly agree. I have two K3s and three Titan 425s. They are are a very
happy match. I religiously run my Titans below 30 mA grid current, which
makes about 1.3-1.5 kW, depending on the state of your tubes, and it only
takes about 40 watts of drive to get there. Same with other rigs I've used to
drive them -- Omni V, TS850, K2, FT1000MP.

Any good linear has filters on the input and output, and the Titan is no
exception. Suspect a problem with the input tuned circuits in the Titan.

Do you have the K3 Auto Tuner?  I do, but have never needed it with the
Titans. It should tune out any issues in the Titan, but if there is a problem
in the input circuit, it's likely to get worse. Suspect a capacitor has
changed value.

The Titan manual DOES include schematics, and I have several copies. If you
need them, someone (maybe me) could send a copy.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC