Re: [Amps] spray painting metal

To: "Charles Harpole" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] spray painting metal
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:29:13 -0400
Also keep the nozzle the same distance from the work throughout the pass.
Many novice painters have a tendency to twist their wrist in an arc.

Overlap each pass about 30-40%

Its better to lay down several thin coats than one heavy coat.

Read the instructions for the product and spray gun.

Practice, practice, practice on scrap first. With a 3 control HVLP gun you
can adjust for perfection, do a professional job the first time and save a
lot of $$ on paint.

Ive been painting custom cars and hot rods for decades and was taught by one
of the best.

Carl
KM1H