Re: [Amps] Silver Plating Tank Coil ??

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silver Plating Tank Coil ??
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:10:03 EDT
Hi All,
If the main goal is to prevent tarnish on a tank coil and
keep it looking nice,
wouldn't gold plating be the best to use? Even silver will
become blackened  with tarnish after a few years
out in the open atmosphere. I doubt much if any
difference in efficiency could be measured with a gold plated
coil vs. silver plated, at Ham power levels at least. Gold
plating might be superior also for a roller-coil to keep the
moving contact tarnish-free?

As I understand it gold plating is not really all that
expensive on small items compared to silver plating,
if you have it done by someone that specializes in plating.
I read that people have all kinds of things gold
plated, from car keys to doorknobs!

73 Todd WD4NGG