Re: [Amps] old mags

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] old mags
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:47:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hey Builders,

I'm mounting some parts in my home-brew 6m amp this weekend.  I've seen a
number of pictures and other commercial amps and most that I have seen have the
plate and load caps mounted on a pedestal above the floor of the rf deck.   I'm
wondering if there is a reason for this, perhaps mutual inductance/capacitance
between the variable caps and the floor of the rf deck?   Mechanically, it
would be easy to mount them right on the floor, is that OK?    opinions?

thanks,

Paul, kg7hf