Re: [Amps] old mags

To: Herzog <herzog@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] old mags
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:00:12 -0400

Herzog wrote:
> Hey! I'm being misquoted. Another guy said what you attribute to me, and
>    I said:
>   Yes, there is very little market for old magazines.

There are a few collectors out there.
What do you have...IOW, what, how many, and what date ranges, and what
State?
I know we have at least two in our club who are collectors. Me, I do
collect "handbooks" preferably hard cover, but there are few of the
older ones that aren't soft cover.
> I'd been trying to break up my collections, for 5 years, with
> eventually, no takers, unless I'd pack and ship them; they would then
> accept them!!  I've been giving them a last tearful nostalgic look,
> before into the recycling bin.

Some years back I had complete collections of both Ham Radio and 73.  I
also had over 40 years of QST. I ended up giving them all away to a new
ham who was interested in them.  It took two trips with a pickup truck
to move them all to his place. <:-)) Now I wish I had them all, but I'm
sure my wife doesn't<:-))

Geese guys, how about some trimming. <:-))