Re: [Amps] PEP Reading Wattmeter

To: "Amplifier Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PEP Reading Wattmeter
From: "Han Higasa" <higasa@plum.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:29:49 +0900
Hi Dick and all.

I am using Bird 43 + home brew PEP kit + tracking power
supply.

Using a sequence of fastest CW dots, a PEP power meter
and an old 8894 dummy load I can evaluate a performance
of my home brew amp.

As the Bird 43 meter exhibits extremely slow indication
on normal RMS metering PEP is much convenient.

The Bird's original PEP kit is expensive. Second sources
or home brew circuits is cheap and enough accurate as
the Bird.

Please refer to VK1OD's pep metering page:
http://vk1od.net/module/PepAmp/PeakAmp.htm

73 de Han JE1BMJ