Re: [Amps] Dummy Loads & Wattmeters

To: <dhallam@rapidsys.com>, "AMPS List" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy Loads & Wattmeters
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:27:18 -0800
Yep, there is.  An accurate power measurement with the model 43 is P(actual) =
Pf (indicated) - Pr (indicated).  With a 70 Ohm load you should have a VSWR of
1.4, a return loss of about 15.6 dB, or about 3% reflected power, so the Bird
should read "high" by about 3% when viewing indicated Pf.

But I'd look into why the load measures 70 Ohms!  Check your Ohmmeter if you
can to verify its accuracy, and if that seems good, probably the load's been
overheated and the resistor should be replaced.

WB2WIK/6