Re: [Amps] Dummy Loads & Wattmeters

To: "'Dr. David Kirkby'" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, "'Steve Katz'" <stevek@jmr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy Loads & Wattmeters
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:50:23 +0200
Guys:
+/- 10% equals 0.4dB error. I don't know of many general purpose instruments
that are better than +/- 1dB which is about 20%. Don't go too far. The Air
Force and the army use either Birds or Philco-Sierra power meters for
testing military and airborne equipment and it's good enough. When you go
into single digit percent figures, you're talking about tenths or hundredths
of dB less than the thickness of the meter's pointer on an analogue meter.
It's meaningless from a practical standpoint. Be reasonable!
Alex    4Z5KS