[Amps] FW: Decent HF directional coupler for RF power meas.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: Decent HF directional coupler for RF power meas.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:40:08 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:amps-bounces@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Gary Schafer
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 1:03 AM
To: audioguy@charter.net
Cc: amps@contesting.com

>From what I know about the calibration procedures that one manufacturer
uses, he has a lab calibrated HP436A Power meter and some attenuators that
are used for comparison. If I remember right the 436 has an accuracy spec of
1.2%. Put that together with attenuator and cable errors and you would be
very lucky to come out with 3% accuracy. But it is still probably better
than the accuracy of a bird meter.

73
Gary  K4FMX