Re: [Amps] Used tubes

To: "MIKE DURKIN" <patriot121@msn.com>, "amps fourm" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Used tubes
From: "David H Craig" <davidhcraig@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:02:52 -0500
    Mike,

    I bought 2 supposedly NOS GS35b tubes- they were toast, grids audible
bouncing around when shook.  I didn't have to do that to tell though- the
USSR radar units used finger-stock to contact the filament & grid rings.
Both these supposed "NOS" tubes have visable finger-stock marks on them.  If
you like I'll send you photos... it is obvious regardless of how clean the
anode cooler is.  My guess is that these were in for a long time so not sure
if a short time in use would reveal the same, but there it is FWIW.

    73 Dave N3DB / 8R1DB