Re: [Amps] 4CX300a Seal Leaks

To: "John Finner" <finnerjf@worldnet.att.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX300a Seal Leaks
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:09:07 -0500
Ive no idea if any date code could be considered good or bad John.

My only experience with them was in a couple of HT-33's that were in for
service decades ago and then I was told the reason for premature failures by
a few of the VHF amp builders..

The USAF was a large user and they regularly surplused off stock after so
many years so they didnt get caught with a problem. If you notice, NOS
300's are everywhere.

Geralds idea is a good one that can be built also with PS components on hand
for the proposed project.

Carl
KM1H