Re: [Amps] Good amp to buy

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good amp to buy
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:09:21 -0800
I recently purchased a Ten-Tec Centurion. Two 3-550 Z's, have seen 1200-1300 on
a bird wattmeter with 100 Po. Amp is twenty years old, parts are still
available.  am going to replace the muffin fan as it is doing when I was twenty
years old.  Likes to howl a bit.  Not a bad buy, in today's used equipment
market, difference between it and a legal limit amp (in db) isn't worth the
cost or hassle. But it will not do that Po level in continuous duty.
But it does have QSK as standard equipment.
My .02 on this,
73, Gary...wa6fgi