[Amps] More on the 811H

To: Amps Listserve <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] More on the 811H
From: Daniel Hileman <n9wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:21:27 +0000
I looked at it, and the relay does not appear to be stuck, but I noticed one of
the tubes was not lit up...so my next question, can a bad tube cause there to
be Plate current when not keyed? Could that be the culprit? What are some of
the symptoms of a faulty tube? Everything seems fine, except for the plate
current/heat issue. I was hoping to just be able to clean the relay and that
would fix it, but the relay does not seem to be the issue.

Thanks and 73,
Daniel N9WX