Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets and more

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets and more
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:10:01 -0500
To some extent it is - in large part that's why I became a technical
mentor for FIRST robotics  www.usfirst.org,   But how many of us belong
to the local ham club and become Elmers for new hams,   In my club the
youngest General class licensee is 8 years old,  his older sister is a
ham as well and these are Indian kids the parents are both engineers and
hams.

   I love playing with Amps even though most of the time I run barefoot
but I think sometimes we forget that we all needed to start somewhere
and we needed an Elmer to kindle that spark into a lifelong flame.
Radios ARE magic and the only way to show the magic is to share.   I've
had conversations with a gentleman in ireland about the fish he just
caught in the glen,   Annoyed the ***l out of the DXCC guys we both used
our amps for that one.    Radio is intended to foster communication but
sometimes I think we simply get caught up in competitive activities and
forget about the fun we had when we had a simple radio and just getting
a contact from overseas was like winning the lottery.

73 - Scott N1JIN