Re: [Amps] HV relay

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV relay
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 15:49:10 +0000
> I'm changing my 2 X 3-500Z amp to a single GS-35B and in the spec's for the
> tube itstates that the warm-up time is Aprox~ 2 minute. So instead of using
> a power SCR in the mains to
switch on the hV supply ( and probably darn slow to disengage if a fault
occurs) I would like to use
a Vac relay - probably close to the Plate choke since I have room in that
compartment and a delay
circuit is darn easy to DIY.

   A SCR or triac contactor will quit conducting at the next "zero axis
crossing" after being
turned off. (stopped being triggered)  I don't think many vacuum relays can be
that fast.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting
industry