Re: [Amps] QRO Questions

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO Questions
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 09:38:57 -0700
You are referring to RG-142 which can carry over 3KW on 10m.  It is
teflon and lower loss than RG-58 but it does NOT have less loss than
RG-214.  It gets its power handling capability by being able to operate
at high temperature.  Also it is not very flexible since the center
conductor is a single silver plated copperweld wire.   See
http://www.timesmicrowave.com/cgi-bin/calculate.pl for a nice coaxial
cable loss/power calculator.

Larry, W0QE