Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:47:14 +0100

>>I think this will proof that RF does NOT go through the metal .....

>REPLY:

>Not so fast... did you allow for the added capacitance from the disk?

>73, Bill W6WRT

Don't know how big that capacitance would be, but expect very small
(although that statement doesn't mean anything to the end result...) What I
did do (to see if the capacitance from the bottom part of my disc to the
ground plane has any effect) was that I slipped a 0.1 inch thick Teflon
piece in between (doubling the capacitance): the resonance didn't move. So I
concluded the capacitance of the disk to ground is negligible ?

What I could do is drill a hole in my disc, slip a (isolated) wire through
it. If the resonance is than back to the value it was without the disk,
would that be the ultimate proof ?

Gl, Carel