Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <pc5m@xs4all.nl>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:06:59 -0400
You are drawing a conclusion without knowing all the information needed. The
disk on the antenna acts like a capacitor to the rest of the antenna.
Read a little on how an antenna works. It depends upon the capacitance
between ends for return current.
Placing the disk in line only looks like a fatter element at that point
which means more capacitance.

73
Gary  k4FMX