Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:02:57 +0100
Bill,

You are right !

Changed my setup and to summarize the results:

#1. With the disk, Fres = 480 MHz
#2. With disk connected parallel to horizontal wire (see
www.pc5m.com/skineffect2.jpg ). Fres = 260 MHz
#3. With disk connected in between (no through wire at all) ( see
www.pc5m.com/skineffect1.jpg) . Fres = 260 MHz

I suppose I can only conclude that the RF current will/must go through the
disk and not follow the long path (due to alleged skineffect) around the
disk.

Again a myth busted ?

Gl, Carel.