Re: [Amps] me not an idiot

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] me not an idiot
From: Shon Edwards <sre.1966@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:24:40 -0600
I must admit, I desperately needed a good chuckle today, and this one
produced it.  Mange tak Jan.  Det var udmærket :).

Men, til at sige sandheden, må jeg sige, yes, I agree with the car and
antenna analogy guy, G0OIL.  I see no reason to attack a person just because
he is honest either.  That is not "flawed thinking".  Bly the same token,
that's not to say that other scenarios aren't possible.

Well, I'm always for over-engineering.  I thought this was also a very good
thought.

de Shon, KO3U

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com> wrote:

> Well 5 KW probably is what the driver produce.
> During the CQ 160m contest last year there was
> this EU station that had his "main" amp out of
> service and he was using the back up amp that
> "only" did produce 12 KW.
>
> / Jim SM2EKM
> ---------------------
> Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] wrote:
> > Dave White skrev:
> >> The less you cane a piece of equipment the less the stress on components
> run well within their specification limits.  Simple as that.  Sure, I can't
> see the point in building a 4CX10,000D amp to run 400w but a 5kw amp to run
> a k and a half seems ok to me.  You pays your money and you takes your
> choice
> >> Cheers
> >>
> > Some of those 5KW capable amps were certainly running flat out in this
> > week-end WPX contest! When you answer a 9+60dB signal with a measly 1KW
> > Tx, and he can't even hear you, something fishy is afoot!

Shon R. Edwards,
KO3U
GROL:  PG00016801
GMDSS/O/M:  DB00000391