Re: [Amps] gg feed through power

To: "'Roger'" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] gg feed through power
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:32:18 -0400
They way I read it is that a tube that requires higher drive absorbs more of
the drive power, less power to feed thru, and results in more negative
feedback. The more negative feedback the lower the IMD.
His statement was that a 10:1 ratio of drive power to feed thru power would
be optimum and result in low IMD.
I don't think that he describes that as being reality though.

The driver is actually in series with the final tube. So the plate waveform
acts to modify the driver waveform which results in the feedback.

As I remember the way the old power rule read it was: the plate input power
of all stages delivering power to the antenna must not exceed 1 kw. So this
meant that if some of the driver power is fed thru the amp to the antenna
then the power input of the driver must be considered as delivering power to
the antenna as well as the final amp stage.
There was no mention of how much the driver power accounted for the total
power but only that its input power must be added in to the total.

73
Gary  K4FMX