Re: [Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V

To: "Rob Stampfli" <rob@cboh.org>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 21:24:18 -0400
Since you are decreasing the loading capacity you are also decreasing screen
current. Good tetrodes will also have their power peak long before maximum
allowable Isg is reached, something it shares with the triode as an
indicator of the tubes health. I run my stock (driven by a HT-32B in the
vintage SSB station) and also the 6M NCL-2000's at about 10-15ma Isg for
1200-1300W out which is at the peak.

Carl
KM1H