Re: [Amps] backwards plate transformer

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] backwards plate transformer
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 22:47:46 +0000
Roger wrote:

> A transformer is a transformer is a transformer and really don't care
> which windings are input and which are output as long as the voltage and
> current are within the windings ratings. However, if memory serves they
> are a bit more efficient if the "high current" windings are closest to
> the core.

    I think it is a matter cooling, the core being a heat sink, to a degree,
but I am sure you could
ventilate and interleave fins (alternate sheets of aluminum with the windings)
to where the
outermost winding could be the high current winding and be cooler than if it
were wound on the core.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm going
to help.