Re: [Amps] Cleaning tubes

To: <k7fm@teleport.com>, <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Cleaning tubes
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:15:10 -0700

If you have lost the tube markings on the tube envelope, try this which I
remember from years ago.  Put the tube in the refrigerator, cool it down, then
bring it into a warm room temp environment.  There will moisture condensing on
the glass envelope, which sometimes leaves a readable outline of the tube
numbers, which are otherwise no longer readable.

Best Regards,
73, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG