Re: [Amps] 2 x 4-1000 supressor.

To: amps@contesting.com, Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2 x 4-1000 supressor.
From: DAVE WHITE <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 05:40:41 +0000 (GMT)
I have no idea if there's supposed to be a specific value of resistor - but 50
ohm carbons was what I had at the time (I  bought a boxfull at a hamfest
fleamarket!) and they looked a bit weedy - so the (non-scientific)
suck-it-and-see approach was to put "a resistance" in there.  I did think of
three sets of three in parallel connected in series but it just seemed clumsy
and I thought I'd try it with the one set.  It worked so I left it alone.

Is there anything special about 50 ohms?

Dave G0OIL (The fellow from G land....)