Re: [Amps] No parasitic choke question

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] No parasitic choke question
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:29:25 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:17:06 -0700, Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
wrote:

>I was thinking (perhaps in error) that if the parasitic network was
>right at the cathode connection it might be more effective in the case
>where there was imperfect shielding between the goesinna and goesoutta.
>(quite often the practical case)

REPLY:

You can't just move the same parasitic suppressor from the anode to
the cathode. It is designed for a relatively high impedance circuit
whereas your cathode is relatively low. There are a number of ways to
accomplish suppression in the cathode area. Check the archives for the
last week or so on the subject.

73, Bill W6WRT