Re: [Amps] GS-35b

To: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>,amps fourm <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35b
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 06:54:56 +0800
Yep. There is a very large and thick washer under the spring and
intermediate washers.

If you are stuck, just loosen off the retainer nut a few turns and
sit the tube between a couple of blocks supporting the cooler and
give a few light, persuasive pushes and/or taps on the top of the
nut. Once it is loose, you can remove the nut and washers and Bob's your uncle.

I just tried it here with one that had never been off and was stuck
tightly. I just put the tube on my lap, held the cooler and knocked
the top nut with the back of a rubberised file handle. It came away
smartly after just a few taps.

73, Alek.

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap