Re: [Amps] GS-35b

To: amps fourm <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35b
From: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:13:46 -0700
Well -- she went BANG!!!! today .... and frankly its about time !!!!

Another lesson remembered - never work on equipment when your tired. I for some
reason (tired) used a insulating washer on the tube side of the plate blocking
CAP. I really don't know why it even worked in the first place, since there was
no large area contact from the Anode strip to the blocking cap ..... luckily i
saw where the flash was and when i peered behind the blocking cap on the tube
side i could see the problem and felt a numbing sensation of "how could i do
something so stupid" HI HI !!!!

Time for some more testing but she's putting out 1kw on 10M right now (1.5Kw on
20) ... having an odd change in input SWR (on 10 it look like) now at first key
... low then goes to about a 2 then drops back down .... odd.

KC7NOA