Re: [Amps] TUNER

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TUNER
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:04:31 -0400
Bob Gibson wrote:
> Well from what I have read and heard here..its best to put a tuned input
> inside
> with the tube..and I understand that..what I could understand was putting a
> tuner at the back of the Amp..if one was going to do that..he just as well
> use
> the tuner in the Radio..A auto tuner would be nice on the inside or do it
> like
> VE7RF has done..I'll take a better look at his..

Just to clarify what I was thinking *if* I go the auto tuner
route... I would put it between the amp input relay and the tube.
Easy in my case since the amp has a relay box mounted on the back
with coax cables between it and the main amp chassis. Not so easy
for most amps, probably. This way the auto tuner would never be
trying to readjust for the antenna when operating barefoot. It would
only see the amp input and only see RF when the amp was in use.
However I'm leaning toward the WD7S tuned input board now.

Paul, N1BUG
Aurora Sentry: http://www.aurorasentry.com
Piscataquis ARC: http://www.k1pq.org
N1BUG: http://www.n1bug.com