[Amps] SB220 tune capacitor

To: <ham_amplifiers@yahoogroups.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB220 tune capacitor
From: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:07:02 +0700
Perhaps a question for the Heathkit history buffs.

Did the tune capacitor change during the life of the SB220 or perhaps with
similar amplifiers? SB200 HL220 etc.

I have received a replacement capacitor, well it's in UK awaiting onward
shipment. From a picture of the actual part sent to me it appears to have
two differences with the original part, these being that the ceramic
insulators are mounted outboard of the aluminium end plates whereas on the
original they are inboard and secondly that the number of fixed / moving
vanes is 21/22 as opposed to 18/19 on the original part. I am awaiting
confirmation of mounting hole spacing which might be the most significant
issue, assuming the min C is not now too high.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Martin, HS0ZED