Re: [Amps] AL1200, high input swr, all bands

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL1200, high input swr, all bands
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:09:02 -0400
  I have to ask as I'm not familiar with the AL-1200, but the legal
limit CCS is well within the ratings of the tube, so:

Is the cooling in the AL1200 anemic, if one has to be concerned with the
RTTY operation?

If I read the post correctly there is *no* current showing with the amp
keyed whether there is drive or not, but like Gerald I'm not sure about
the phrasing.

You have high voltage indicated. (Normal?) Even with the grid cooked I'd
expect some plate current.

Bias is normal?

Have you checked the tube pins to make sure they are sill soldered?

Are the switching relays and contacts OK?

Those are my only thoughts at present.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)