Re: [Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:30:49 -0400
When the Snap Ons first came via Yuri in Canada out they were a 43 type of
mix. Soon RatShak and others copied them and they were reportedly somewhere
around a 61 mix. Ive never used them and have no idea whats sold these days.

Ive used FT-240  and smaller size in 31, 43, 75 and 77 mix for various
problems or actual applications as well as beads from transistor lead size
to ones 1.5" long that RG-213 size coax fits thru.

A 6 mix iron powder is good for 6-10M, I use it as the L in the input pi
network for amps. If it works for you for HF RFI than thats good, Id guess
it wasnt too severe and just a little bit of impedance did the job.

Carl
KM1H